Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices: P3O - PDF
This new core guidance from OGC describes why, when and how to use portfolio, programme and project Offices (P3O) models. It describes what a P3O is, defining the two key types of P3O, and goes on to answer the question posed by Senior Management: "Why have P3Os and what value-add do they bring to the organisation?" It also includes business cases, funding models for set-up and ongoing costs and performance measures.
The publication looks at the lifecycle of a P3O and describes the use of a project based approach to scoping and setting up a suitable P3O model within an organisation. It also includes checklists for start-up, continuous improvement, and reviving and closing down temporary offices and looks at the functions and services carried out within a P3O, and the techniques and tools used to facilitate this.
- This full searchable PDF offers you immediate access to the publication
- Facilitates Senior Management awareness of the status of its agenda for business change
- Consistent with OGC's Common Glossary
- Includes real world examples and case studies
- Outlines roles and responsibilities for functions within a P3O
- Contains example business cases for permanent and temporary forms of P3O
- Includes sizing and tailoring guidelines
- Glossary - definitions of acronyms and terms
- Contains a list of online resources for good practice including templates and examples.
A PDF allows for easy access while you're on the move:
- Single user
- Basic downloadable PDF: searchable with a bookmarking function.
As of 30 March 2009, products purchased in PDF (Portable Document Format) from TSO are only readable with Adobe Digital Editions: our PDFs are no longer compatible with any version of Adobe Reader.
When you complete your purchase, we will email you a link to download the PDF file. Once the link has been clicked to download and the file downloaded, it cannot be downloaded again.
PDF products cannot be returned once downloaded.
As postage is not required for our electronic products, please do not select Courier delivery when purchasing, or you may be charged.
Please note: Each pdf has to be processed by us manually. This may take up to 1 working day from the time we download your order.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices: P3O - Book